Friday, June 14, 2013

Ted

When we arrived in New Zealand over four years ago now, we had to leave behind our much loved Spaniel Pip. It was a very difficult thing to do, but a very easy decision. We felt we couldn't put her through the journey. Over 24 hours in a crate on her own in the cargo hold of a plane would have been a very dramatic experience. And one that I am not sure she would have ever recovered from. We could not do that to her.

There was also the cost of course. Thousands of pounds as opposed to hundreds. Not something we could have afforded. So Pip went to live on a farm in France. This sounds like something you tell the kids when a much loved dog has to be put down. In this case however it's true! My Mum and Dad lived in France at the time and re homed her for us.

So now four and a bit years later, as we have finally got our own home again, we have got a new member of the family. This is Ted, a Spoodle (cross between a Cocker Spaniel and a Mini Poodle) who is only 3 months old and joined our family last Sunday. He was spotted in our local pet shop and was too cute to ignore.


He is just the right size for the girls.


Cold winter colours have returned to the Inlet.

 
A Saturday morning looks like late afternoon thanks to a low winter sun.


Wintry reflections.


I always think that dogs are great at making a house become a home. And not just because they have a tendancy to pee on the carpet :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there MrsB I'm not sure if we've met in the blogging world or not, but I'm VegemiteVix a Kiwi expat who has recently returned from the UK to my home in Auckland. I dragged my Englishman home with me and he's only just arrived. I've set up a group for New Zealand bloggers on Facebook that I'd like to invite you to join. Just go to Facebook/Groups/DigitalParentsNZ and click join. Cheers
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete